Postcard For Reader

Guest Post: Andrea Cremer

Guess what? Yesterday, I reviewed the lust worthy Nightshade - and today, I have author Andrea Cremer stopping by! Look at her. Doesn't she look like such a happy person?

A bit about Andrea:

In the little spare time she can find, Andrea stares up at trees, rescues infant rabbits from predatory cats, and invents names for pug puppies with her husband. She has an unfortunate tendency to spill things – white carpets beware!

I'm trusting you saw the review (and if not, scroll down to read it) so I won't recap the book. But I WILL tell you that this guest post is freaking awesome.

After all, it's all about MUSIC.

So click read more to get your groove on - or, at least, see what songs the characters groove to.

Warning: it's got two YouTube videos, in case your computer loads slowly.

Music is a pivotal part of my writing. I create soundtracks for all my books and I use music to help me imagine scenes, relationships, and plot movement. I have a playlist for Nightshade up on my web site under the Sound Scripts tab. But here’s a little elaboration on some of those songs:

Calla’s theme song is Conjure One’s Center of the Sun. It’s a beautiful, but sad song about trying to find your way through difficult circumstances.

The Big Pink’s Dominos is Ren’s song – a perfect song for his ability to make girls fall for him.

American Analog Set’s The Green Green Grass describes the rivalry between Shay and Ren.

Nev plays at set at the bar, Burnout, in one scene and while he writes his own songs – the Eels Fresh Blood reminded me of the type of song he’d perform
The entire album Lungs by Florence and the Machines is the perfect Nightshade soundtrack; the songs Howl and Cosmic Love transport me into Calla’s world! I actually consider Cosmic Love along with TV on the Radio’s I Was a Lover to be the theme songs of WOLFSBANE (Nightshade #2).