Postcard For Reader

WORD 2011

January 1, 2011. The start of a new year.

It's going to be an interesting year for me - but on the other hand, I think every year is going to be an interesting year for me! I'm going to set down some goals for WORD and for reading and catch you up on what's new this year.

The books on this post are books coming out this upcoming year that I have and am going to start reading this month. :)

Guest Reviewers
Some of you observant folk may have noticed a new image in the sidebar! My guest reviewer Liz will be coming back this year, and joining her will be my friend Beverly, who has volunteered to scoop up some of the books that have been sitting in my review pile for a while. She's a pretty awesome girl - go check out her blog if you have a chance.

Blogging Goals
I'm a very organized person, but I need to be more efficient. I need to send reviews to the publicists once I've written them and actually post them on Goodreads (friend me!) in a timely manner.

The goal this year is to try to have a post up every day, but at least five out of seven days a week if that week is busy. I think I can handle that, considering that most of Wednesday and Friday's posts are already set up!

Reading & Book Goals
Read. As much as possible. I'm going to have the same goal I did last year - 52 weeks, 52 books. I know I can manage that, and with college and job hunting and everything else... I want to be able to juggle it all.

And buy less books. I know, I know, the horror! But my room has about 400 books in it, most of which I haven't read, and until I read the ones I haven't read and get the ones I don't want to keep donated to the library around here, I can't let myself buy anymore. Not even if it's a good deal. Nope. (This will probably be my hardest problem this year.)

Memes
You guys have probably noticed I really only do one consistent meme - Waiting on Wednesday. That will continue this upcoming year, as it's my favorite one ever. I also occasionally do In My Mailbox, but I may just do that monthly from now on, depending on when I get home.

My Friday Fronts posts and Feature Friday: Bookcase posts are also still going to be going strong. :)

Challenges
See the left hand sidebar and just click on the image. ;)

And there you have it. I have other personal goals - like to be more zen and not get so worked up about things, and to do more yoga - but those aren't important.

What are your goals for this upcoming year?