Postcard For Reader

Movie Adaptions: Beastly

I adore Beauty and the Beast. When I read Beastly a while back, I wasn't a huge fan - sure, I liked the modern adaption, but it wasn't anything special.

Oh hello, super fantastic movie version.

It takes a LOT for me to like a movie better than the book. I either have to really hate the book or really love the movie version. And I liked Beastly, which just shows you how well they did the movie.

My biggest hitch going into this? Baby V. (Vanessa Hudgens, for those who don't know her nickname.) I mean, sure, she's cute in High School Musical and all, but after her abomination of a performance in Rent, I doubted her ability.

However, she does wonderfully here. In fact, I thought the movie was casted perfectly. Alex Pettyfer is an amazing actor - though not my choice for Peeta - and I thought he played the role perfectly. And Neil Patrick Harris! Why are you not my best friend? You're just so bloody perfect.

But yes. Go see this movie. I loved it. Even my mother, one of the pickiest people I know, loved it. It was fantastic.