Postcard For Reader

Movie Adaptions (kind of): Red Riding Hood

I actually saw Red Riding Hood before I read the book adaption, and I have to admit, it was everything I expected it to be - interesting, pretty, more than cheesy, and overall a decent movie. Nothing that stands out, mind you, and at times the cheesey romance is so thick you gag a bit, but not bad.

The script writers do a fantastic job at keeping you in suspense with who the Wolf is. That's what kept me going the entire movie, besides my love of Gary Oldman (who's character was less-than-developed); I honestly had no idea who the Wolf would be. I managed to guess it, but only because I had been joking when I guessed.

Amanda Seyfried and the rest of the cast do a good job with the parts they're given. None of the characters are particularly developed - and like I said, the cheese is laid on thick at times - but it was alright.

It outshines the book, though, which was written at the same time as the movie. My review on that will be coming soon - and I've already begun an experiment based off of it - but while the book focuses ridiculously on the romance (100 pages in and barely ANY mention of the Wolf!? Come ON!), the movie manages to make some semblance of balance.

Has anybody else seen it?