Postcard For Reader

Top Ten Books That Have Been On My Shelf For The Longest But I've Never Read

Yes, I'm doing a Top Ten Tuesday! Mainly because I like this one... and also because this reflects how REALLY BAD I am at reading some of the things I get.

Lament by Maggie Stiefvater

I'm really sad I haven't gotten to this yet. I've had it for more than two years now - I got it in early 2009 - and I just keep procrastinating reading it. Which is sad, considering how much I love her writing. Perhaps I'll read it over Thanksgiving break. Or maybe not. It sounds so good, too! Killer fairies!? Love!

The Wings of Pegasus by Anne McCaffrey

I've had this book for years and I love Anne McCaffrey... I just haven't felt any inclination to read it. All of McCaffrey's other books I adore! To be fair, this series is my least favorite of hers, which may explain why I've put off reading this part of the series for so long, but come on. I can power through and finish it.

Though, at this point, I'd have to reread the first two books in the series to really understand this one, which may be another reason I keep putting it off...

The Thief's Mistress by Gayle Feyrer

During my Robin Hood phase, I went NUTS trying to find this book. It sounded cute and fluffy and just what I needed to add to my love of Maid Marian and Robin Hood. I spent so much time tracking it down. And then I found it. And I ordered it.

And by the time it got to my house two weeks later, I was so busy fangirling over BBC's Merlin that I put it on my shelf with every intention of reading it later... and never got around to it.

Grania by Morgan Llywelyn
I've had for two years and have brought with me to college multiple times to read in my spare time... and I haven't yet. One of my favorite musicals ever - The Pirate Queen - is based off this book, and Grace O'Malley is my favorite historical figure, and I love historical fiction. I think the size of the book keeps putting me off, though. In a world where I have little time to read, I keep divebombing for the smaller books.

The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa
I'm a horrible horrible fangirl.

Originally I put this off because I didn't have it on me - I was at school when it arrived at my house - and then I put it off because I had other review books, and then I was busy, and then I just didn't want my time with the potential for Team Puck winning to end. (I mean, I know he won't. Meghan likes Ash. But Puck, though. ... maybe Puck can come hang with me?)

Going Bovine by Libba Bray

I really have no excuse for this one.

I'm dying to read it. It has one of my favorite covers ever. And yet I keep ignoring it when it's on my shelf. I'm horrible.

The Queen of Dragons by Shana Abe

I bought this, and when I realized it was the third in the series I ran out and devoured the first two. And they were so good. Dracons and romance and feisty women and everything I love in a story. And then I just kept pushing reading this one off. No good reason.

Looking for Alaska by John Green

Yeah yeah, shut up, I'll get to it.

I'll probably read The Fault In Our Stars before I read this one, though. Not because this doesn't sound good. Just because I'm really excited for The Fault In Our Stars.

Spirit Bound by Richelle Mead

I was SO stoked to get this at BEA and I got it signed by Richelle and I planned on reading it on the ride home and then I didn't and then it's still unread. I've been super good at avoiding spoilers and not knowing how it ends and I do want to read it, I do! I just - I don't want it to end. And I like knowing that it's on my shelf, waiting to be read.

Cry of the Icemark by Stuart Hill
I technically AM reading this. I'm twenty or so pages in. I'm using a dollar bill as a bookmark. I bring it with me whenever I see a doctor. Once a year. Which probably explains why I started reading it and then never finished... but I want to! I will! I've had it for four years! It'll get finished!

What about you guys? What do you have on your shelf for a long time but that you haven't read?